The event was attended by Adriana Lima, Sean Penn, James Corden (who acted as Master of Ceremonies), Sean Penn, Chris Rock, Karolina Kurkova, Paris Hilton, Dave Chappelle, Alex Rodriguez, designer Jeremy Scott, model Jasmine Sanders, Madonna‘s manager Guy Oseary, magician David Blaine, reality star Bethenny Frankel, and more.
The event money raised is helping to construct Malawi’s first pediatric surgery and intensive care unit. The facility is going to be named Mercy James Institute of Pediatric Surgery and Intensive Care, after Madonna‘s adopted daughter Mercy James, 10, who she adopted from Malawi in 2009. Madonna also adopted David Banda, 11, from the country in Africa.
There are only four pediatric surgeons in Malawi, so this hospital is life-changing.
Congrats to Madonna on the amazing efforts!
More Madonna news from the star-studded event:
- Justin Bieber ditches his shirt at the gym - TMZ
- Elton John is NOT retiring - Gossip Cop
- Yara Shahidi started a fun new project - Just Jared Jr
- Selena Gomez wears pajamas and heels while shopping- Radar
- Milo Ventimiglia opens up about working with Will Smith - Lainey Gossip
- Moana hits big at the box offices for the second weekend - The Hollywood Reporter